9.09.2001

I had a love affair with a pair of jeans at the Gap yesterday. It was so perfect... we fit together like peanut butter and jelly... like Porgy and Bess... like Bert and Ernie. But alas, it was not meant to last, for when the Momster saw them on me she turned beet-red and nearly keeled over of a heart attack... and then branded them "vulgar" and said that I looked like I'd charge the number on the price tag for my services. Something about that 5 3/4" rise... What does she know about fashion? I still pine for them... they were the most beautiful pants I have ever tried on.. size 6, ultra-low-rise, with a bit of stretch to them... oh, they were so perfect. I don't know if I'll ever find a love as wonderful as those pants. Every pair I try on will be compared to the ones I loved and lost... I pine, I burn, I perish. I will never love another pair. (:

Either that, or I could just buy them when I get out to California. I've never found a pair of pants that I would pay $48 for unhesitatingly, but these are definitely worth every penny. They were beautiful, as was our love, while it lasted.

No comments: