I think it's probably because I just saw the movie Saved! this weekend, which is an awesome movie, yes, but it's seeped into my psyche. And this is a Bad Thing. I had my first-ever Pregnancy Dream last night. GAAAAH! And... to make matters even more frightening, I was actually HAPPY to be pregnant in my dream. I AM NOT READY FOR THIS. So It's been bugging me all day. Gah. No babies.
i have this theory that ashton kutcher likes to wear women's clothing.
posted by Kat Reinhart at 18:30
I know it's a little trite, but I got this from carrie, and I just couldn't resist.
Signs that you are a child of the 90's: (bold those you relate to)
1. You’ve ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCH!"
2. You watched the Pound Puppies.
3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air".
4. You wore biker shorts under your skirts and felt stylish.
5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-Sitters Club and tried to start a club of your own.
6. You owned those little Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls.
7. You know that "WHOA" comes from Joey on Blossom.
8. Two words: M.C. Hammer.
9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock."
10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars.
11. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales".
12. You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the big screen.
15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
16. You played the game "MASH" (Mansion, Apartment, Shack, House).
17. You wore a Jordache Jean jacket and you were proud of it.
18. L.A. Gear
19. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in Kindergarten.
20. You remember reading "Tales of a fourth grade nothing" and all the Ramona books.
21. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF."
22. You wanted to be a Goonie.
23. You ever wore flourescent clothing.
25. You have pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
26. You took lunch pails/boxes to school.
27. You remember the CRAZE, lunch pails/boxes to school.
27. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
28. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
29. You remember Hypercolor T-shirts.
30. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band.
31. You used to pretend that you could transform into a Power Ranger.
32. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged friendship bracelets.
33. You owned a pair of jelly sandals.
34. After you saw Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure you kept saying "I know what you are, but what am I?"
35. You remember "I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!"
36. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
37. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip ‘n’ Slide.
38. You have ever played with a Skip-It. Many, many times ...
39. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonald’s.
40. You’ve gone through this list occasionally saying "totally awesome."
41. You remember Popples. Still have them somewhere
42. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By the Bell," the ORIGINAL class..
43. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights.
44. You wore socks scrunched down.
45. "Miss MARY MACK MACK, all dressed in BLACK BLACK BLACK"
46. You remember boom boxes vs. CD players.
47. You remember watching both "Gremlins" movies.
48. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!"
49. You remember watching Rainbow Brite and My Little Ponies.
50. You thought Doogie Howser was hot
posted by Kat Reinhart at 18:24
ahh, saint paddy's day, when the streets are filled with green-clad drunks and people actually order corned beef and cabbage for dinner. never mind the fact that corned beef and cabbage is hardly a traditional march 17th feast. irish people didn't really even eat much beef until the last hundred years or so. just a random bit of trivia.
erin go bragh.
also, check out neodandi. it's just a splash page for now, but more content should be up within a week. that's the studio whose show i'm doing in may. you're all coming, right?
posted by Kat Reinhart at 15:33
ahh, friday. finally. edward, if you are going to lay there on my chest you would do well to move your tail off of the keyboard so i don't poke it while i'm typing. and stop pawing my face.
i have a silly kitty. he loves nothing more than to paw my face and smell my mouth. somehow i get the feeling that most people don't let their kitties do this.
anyway, it is friday. and edward is now trying to remove my hoop earrings with his front paw. brilliant.
speaking of brilliant, i've been doing a little more planning on this idea of going to london in september. air canada, it looks like, can get us there for about $650 round trip. british air is about 50 bucks more, but it's nonstop, and you get free booze. i'm leaning toward BA. hostels start at around 10 quid a night (i'm already starting to think like a londoner) but easyhotel is only 5 quid if you book well in advance. i'm hoping to score a reservation there, because that would bring lodging costs down to like, 50 or 60 pounds. which is what you'd pay a night at a nicer hotel. i'm pondering whether to include a chunnel trip to paris for two nights would be worth it - or just spend alll two weeks in london? i'm leaning towards going, just to say i've been there. and to do the eiffel tower. i admit it, i'm a damn tourist.
so with transportation and lodging, we're somewhere in the 1000 dollar range. which is what i was planning, and i think is the cheapest it can be done for, but it means it's going to take some lobbying to get jared to agree to come.
i have a kitty bathing himself between me and my computer. it kind of surprises me how much edward has warmed up to me. i thought it'd never happen.
i need to start going to yoga again. i can afford it now.
posted by Kat Reinhart at 17:38
so yesterday we went down to the village and spent a bunch of money. i got a really hot green top and a bomb-ass pair of sunglasses at lucky, and jared got some pants. then i bought a bunch of hair product at bartells. this is because i need extreme conditioning shampoo and conditioner due to the fact that my hair is now very, very blonde. (i would post pictures, but i am at this moment at work, and also lazy.) i need to stop spending money, but really, i love having stuff. after work today i have a meeting with a potential client - that fashion show that i mentioned the other day. hopefully this will go well and they will love me - and want to pay me.
marcellus wallace, my black moor goldfish, died too. orange-fish seems like he might pull through though. this means i get to buy new goldfish though, hooray! (I should wait until everyone is healthy and do several water changes before getting new fish though.)
posted by Kat Reinhart at 15:53