5.15.2007

i'm not an ambi-turner.

so i woke up this morning with an excruciating pain in my neck and the inability to move my head in certain directions. it's better now than when i first got up... the first hour that I was up was nearly unbearable. i wasn't even sure if i was going to be able to make it out the door. i'm not sure what's wrong... a pinched nerve or a muscle spasm or what - but it probably has something to do with the fact that i've been sleeping flat on my stomach, with my head at a 90 degree angle to the right, for the past few nights. something tells me my body doesn't like that so much. putting on my shirt this morning literally made me cry, and i couldn't lift my messenger bag up and over my head without causing severe pain. oh, and i can't look more than 45 degrees to the left unless I physically support my head with my hands. if this is what chronic pain is like, then anyone who suffers from it has my complete sympathies. i have no idea what i would do with myself if this doesn't go away. my apartment isn't exactly non-ambi-turner friendly, and I can't ride my bike like this, either, since there's no way for me to check over my left shoulder and see if there's a car there about to kill me.

No comments: