7.28.2003

i don't blog because i'm a "writer". that's pretty much bullshit. my blog sucks ass, my writing has no creative aspect at all. it's much more of a release mechanism. and i'm blogging less frequently now that i keep a paper journal - which is filled with the same drivel as my blog usually is. every now and then i do get creative spurts, but they never produce anything *good*. it's like the disclaimer on my homepage: "I write shit almost daily. This does not make me a 'writer'." how the fuck are you supposed to punctuate that? is that okay? i got the quotation marks right, aren't you proud of me?

one time, someone i was just getting to know and was thinking about collaborating on a project with asked to see my blog so that he could get to know me through my writing style. i think he described it as "drunken rambling." yeah, pretty much. i'm not fucking awesome like neal stephenson, fucking hilarious like tom robbins, or fucked-up like chuck palahniuk. i just write.

that does not make me a "writer".

p.s. if you want to read stuff that "writers" have written... check out uber.nu. it kicks ass.

No comments: