9.08.2003

welll.... 12 more hours, and I'll be at the airport. 13 hours and I'll be on the plane. 18 hours and I'll be in California. In 24 hours I'll be busily unpacking my stuff, lofting my bed, tacking posters to the walls and putting sheets on my bed. In 26 hours, I'll be at the RCC welcome. 28 hours until my first meeting with Kennell. It's hard to believe the summer is over, but man, I'm glad it is. I'm having trouble with the concept that I'm actually moving into *branner* tomorrow. Branner fucking hall. Jesus. but not the same Branner as I lived in two years ago - an entirely renovated, new, beautiful Branner. I just can't conceptualize it. And this next week will fly by, I know. Just a week and a half until the freshmen show up, with their bright shiny smiley faces, full of energy and questions. I'll be cornered by dads who want to pretend like they know all the answers but know that they really don't. I'll have to set up a billion and a half ethernet connections, and tell half a billion kids what an ethernet is. I'm going to have to come up with curriculum for a class. I'm TEACHING a CLASS this quarter. Yargh, that seems like so much. But most of all, I have to pretend like I know what I'm doing, and be confident in myself. We'll see how long it takes for me to have my first breakdown. *sigh*

No comments: