9.19.2001

fucking assholes

piss me off. i was at wendy's getting lunch and i saw a truck with "NUKEM" shoe polished across the back. I physically had to restrain myself in order to keep from extending both my middle fingers and shouting "FUCK YOU RACIST BASTARD!" at him. Well, the fact that I was with my parents probably helped that... but I was physically so angry that I felt the adrenaline rush over me. I don't think I've ever been that physically pissed off. I don't understand how people can be so stupid as to think that nukes are the answer here.

and so then when I got home I got an IM from my friend at USMMA (a military academy) which is good because I know he's alive (USMMA is on long island) but he's pissed off and looking to kill some "rag heads." I had to block him to keep from calling him bad bad things (well, i did call him a fucker or something to that effect).

him: unfortunantly, I won't be able to get some rag heads for atleast a year
me: fuck you
me: don't be a racist bastard
him: I have been to the mound of ruble
him: it changes you
me: changes you enough to hate an entire race of people
him: no
me: ok
me: go kick the shit out of the taliban
him: just the nation that supports them
me: but try not to hurt the women and children
him: war isn't pleasnt
me: no
him: its not like a video game
me: but they didn't do anything
him: people get killed, including women, children, and GI's
me: yeah
him: Its not like I would want it to happen
him: but shit happens
me: i know
me: sorry
him: if its me or some rag head.....
me: i'm a bit on edge because i saw a redneck with "nukem" on their truck
me: in shoe polish
me: and i flipped out
him: go him!
::i blocked him for a minute::
me: dude that's not cool
him: sorry about that, I'm still very pissed off

RRGH.
oh well. i always knew he was a conservative bastard... and he has been right there and seen everything, so i suppose it's expected for him to be on edge. I just get so angry when people get racist...

on another note, I read an article from the LA times about exactly what i was concerned about the amercan flag coming to mean. i'm comforted to see that others share my worry.

me

now i get to be selfish and write about me. i got my reading glasses today... they're great. i can see so much better, so much more easily. (:
and I just got bitten by a stupid mosquito. hate those things.

"enough about me, let's talk about you for a minute, enough about you, let's talk about life for awhile."
- alanis morissette

No comments: